Create a video demonstration using Autodesk Navisworks to show features of other Autodesk software and how they integrate. With client provided screen captures of numerous software, our goal was to create a "fly through" 3D model of a Natural Gas Plant and highlight aspects of the new software features.
- Rather than creating one complex animation per "fly through" we broke them up into parts using a combination of key framed animations and screen captures using
- navigation tools in real time. Using Vegas to edit them together, we were able to simulate one long fluid animation from one location to the other
- Navigate as though a user was controlling the demo first person
- Ensure captured videos from the client matched the locations within the 3D model precisely
- Use the software's lighting and texturing tools to create the "Classic Navisworks Style" that users of the software are familiar
- Create a flash container that had clear descriptions of the features/software being displayed at the time, as well as a timeline
Video met client's expectations, was finished before the deadline, and was presented at "Autodesk University." Client asked for 2 more versions of the video at a size they could email for internal distribution, so that more people at Autodesk would see the demo's success.
For the record, you guys rock! This is great stuff! Thank you all, very much, for all of you hard and outstanding work on this!! You're a pleasure to work with!
Marketing Programs Manager at Autodesk