According to predictions published in a recent Mashable article, by 2015:
- More than 40% of the global population will become Internet users
- The average household will have at least two Internet connections
- Web traffic is expected to quadruple
In another relevant study, Google found an increase in mobile search, especially in the travel and tourism industry:
- 19% of all hotel search inquiries are being conducted on mobile devices
- 95% of smartphone users search locally – of which 88% interact with the business within a day
Google also found increases in searches for points of interest such as attractions, restaurants, shops, local languages, local deals, local etiquette, etc. All of these findings are a result of the boom of web-enabled mobile devices.
The war among smartphone manufacturers and wireless companies to release the latest and greatest tech gadget started heating up in 2010 and the best is yet to come. Contact us to learn more.