Noble Studios is excited to join Mashable, Reno’s online community, and friends worldwide in the celebration of Social Media Day 2012.
Gov. Brian Sandoval and Secretary of State Ross Miller declared June 30 as Social Media Day in Nevada. Other participating areas include Arizona, New York City, Toronto, Dublin, San Jose and San Carlos, Calif.
Reno’s Social Media Day will kick off at Se7en Teahouse with an Instagram scavenger hunt on Saturday, June 30 at 3 pm. The winning team will receive four Samsung Galaxy Tabs courtesy of Noble Studios. Other great prizes will be awarded including two tickets to see Carrie Underwood at Circus Circus Reno and a $100 bar tab to WET Ultra Lounge at the Grand Sierra Resort.
Here's how it works:
- Between now and June 30, put together your team of four, pick a name and register.
- On June 30 at 2 pm, teams will check-in at Se7en Teahouse, located at 148 West Street in the West Street Market.
- The race will begin at 3 pm sharp!
- Teams will be given a set of clues that lead them to complete challenges around downtown Reno. Hint: Noble Studios is one of the stops along the way. At each check-in, teams will be required to snap a shot using Instagram and the hashtag #SMDayReno. Each stop will be worth a certain number of points.
- Teams need to check-in at Se7en, the finish line, no later than 5 pm or points will be deducted.
- During the scavenger hunt, the judges will be tracking the teams and tallying points. Winning is simple. The team with the most points will claim the grand prize – four brand new Samsung Galaxy Tabs courtesy of the grand sponsor Noble Studios.
The party will continue on the red carpet entrance to Se7en, where drink specials will be offered and prizes will be awarded.
Ready. Set. Go! Grab your friends, register for #SMDayReno 2012, and may the best team win!
We want to know. What's your team name going to be? Let us know in the comments below.