Ah, summer. It’s a time for road trips, bonfires and warm nights playing Truth or Dare. Tahoe South conjured up the electrical, wild-child spirit of everyone’s favorite vacation season in their summer campaign. The Facebook game encouraged fans to play Truth or Dare with their friends online. After all, sharing revealing truths and embarrassing photos is basically what Facebook is all about, right?
Designed to spark curiosity and increase tourism, the campaign was created by Duncan/Channon and developed by Noble Studios using the Wildfire platform. The sweepstakes encouraged summer shenanigans galore and reminded fans that Tahoe South is the decidedly wild side of Lake Tahoe—the perfect place to relive summer as it ought to be.
The Truth or Dare grand prize was grand indeed. Fans played the game for a chance to win an action-packed stay in Tahoe South with three of their friends. Some of the beyond awesome prizes the first place winner received:
- 2 rooms for 3 nights at Embassy Suites
- 50-minute Swedish massages at Onsen Spa
- 2-hour rentals from Kayak Tahoe and Camp Richardson Marina
- A Tahoe Queen Emerald Bay Sightseeing Dinner Cruise
- An improv show at Harveys Comedy
- Entry to Opal Ultra Lounge nightclub
- A Heavenly gondola ride and activities at Adventure Peak
To enter, fans had to sign into Facebook and dare their friends to do things like beatbox on camera, post their prom picture, eat an unholy amount of ketchup or answer potentially embarrassing truths.
From July 3 to August 10, the user engagement and reach of Tahoe South’s Facebook page increased considerably:
- Organic reach went from 141,666 to 570,537
- Engaged users went from 5,483 to 28,617
- Friends of friends went from 22,809,747 to 23,153,183
Out of 13 promotional Facebook posts, Tahoe South received:
- 279,139 “people saw this post”
- 1,826 likes
- 93 comments
- 309 shares