Associate Director of Performance Marketing
Associate Director of SEO | Performance Marketing
The Associate Director of Performance Marketing (SEO) contributes heavily to the development, growth, and implementation of Noble Studios Performance Marketing services as it pertains to SEO, Search, and Analytics. They will be responsible for training and managing a team of coordinators and/or Performance Marketing Managers from junior-level to mid-level staff in delivering industry-leading content and digital marketing services opportunities which are highly relevant and impactful to Noble’s clients and the industry verticals we hold most sacred.
The Associate Director of Performance Marketing will report directly to the Vice President of Performance Marketing or a Director of Performance Marketing and will have direct accountability for the performance of their team, client KPIs and the quality of client deliverables performed and delivered. Associate Director of SEO will also play a role in delivering leadership and strategy on key client accounts. A thought leader in their own fields of interest, the Associate Director of SEO will also need to work to build an understanding of all areas within the agency and Performance Marketing in order to be a good advisor to staff, deliver proper professional development and be an adequate holistic strategist and problem solver. In this leadership level position, they will be the go-to thought leader and visionary of their service line(s). The Associate Director of SEO will work closely with their team, cross-discipline service line team members, directors and other associate directors and in meeting and/or exceeding the client’s KPI goals.
The Associate Director of SEO will be responsible for the strategy and execution of some of our largest accounts in performance marketing and also help to spearhead methodologies of the Performance Marketing team and their team’s adherence to those methodologies. The Associate Director of SEO will also lead professional development for coordinators and junior/mid-level performance marketing staff. They will also play a mentorship role as it pertains to their service line for not only the Performance Marketing team, but also other Noble teams.
- Leads and trains coordinators, junior and mid-level staff on SEO, Search, and Analytics best practices & strategies within the Performance Marketing team
- Work with the Director of Performance Marketing and VP of Performance Marketing to provide thought leadership, innovation, process improvement initiatives to Noble Studios and its clients
- Responsible for the strategic direction of Search and Analytics of key Noble clients and assist with others as time allows
- Models the way for the Performance Marketing and pod teams to stay on top of search and analytics industry changes, and trends.
- Mentors coordinators and junior/mid-level Performance Marketing team members on Search and Analytics best practices, strategies, and account management techniques
- Effectively prioritizes their own and their team’s efforts to focus on delivering the most impactful tasks within client SOWs and perform and/or assist in the reporting on program results, data analysis, for Noble’s key clients
- Work directly with partners like Google, BrightEdge, SEMrush and Conductor to find the best ways to deliver results to our ever-growing client base
- Assist in maintaining Noble’s high client retention rate by developing and fostering long-lasting client relationships and encouraging the Performance Marketing team to do the same
- Work with the Director of Performance Marketing and the VP of Performance Marketing to hold annual reviews and create annual goals and development plans for the Performance Marketing team members they lead and identify necessary training and education to enhance professional growth, contribution and job satisfaction
- Oversee as the strategic consultant in the onboarding high-profile accounts they manage with performance marketing service lines within their SOW
- Perform and/or review and approve quarterly and annual marketing strategy for high-profile accounts
- As needed, identify new talent opportunities and work to bring on the best potential team members and service partners
- Oversee the selection and adoption of new marketing technologies and services for use with clients
- Support the pitch team (as needed) in collaboration with the Director of Performance Marketing to build pitch decks and performance marketing solutions for potential clients.
- Seek, grow and maintain great relationships with Performance Marketing vendors specific to areas of service specialty
Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing or similarly related field, or equivalent knowledge and experience
- 3+ years of junior to mid-level staff leadership experience in digital performance marketing
- Proven experience leading several high-level executions of SEO strategies and services to scale
- Extensive experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, and SEO Tools & Platforms such as SEMrush, Screaming Frog, BrightEdge, Conductor, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of the web development process and fundamentals of digital marketing and how to integrate SEO to support them
- Basic HTML and CSS competency, and the ability to specify technical changes to technical and creative development teams
- Well-rounded communication skills, both internal and client-facing
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of internal and external teams and business groups
- Proven record of negotiating and overseeing budgets including marketing, staffing, media, service partners, and technology platforms
- Demonstrated leadership skills: With the ability to manage, mentor and inspire direct reports and create a supportive work environment leading to professional growth
- Working knowledge of SEM, social media, display advertising, mobile marketing platforms, email marketing, and conversion rate optimization and well-versed in SEO and Analytics
- Advanced user experience with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel
- Ability to pass company background check
Noble Studios embraces diversity and is committed to equal opportunity. Job applicants at Noble Studios are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.