Recruitment & Human Resource (HR) Compliance Manager
The Recruitment & Human Resources (HR) Compliance Manager is head of Recruitment and HR Compliance at Noble Studios. He/She will be responsible for proactively finding, recruiting, and facilitating the onboarding of new talented candidates as employees at Noble Studios, as well as maintaining strong relationships for future hiring opportunities. He/She will also be responsible in ensuring the recruitment and hiring processes are followed and refined as needed so we leave a lasting impression with our employment candidates. In addition, the Recruitment & HR Compliance Manager will stay up-to-date on all required employment laws and regulations passed by state and federal laws and ensure that the organization is following all employment requirements, documentation filing and necessary organizational processes that relate directly back to those laws and regulations. He/She will keep the necessary team members and managers abreast of those laws and regulations as well and be the main point of contact for staff to go to for these areas within the business.
The Recruitment & HR Compliance Manager will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will have direct accountability for the performance of the hiring and compliance teams, organizational employment compliance and the quality of the recruitment and hiring process. The Recruitment & HR Compliance Manager will also play a role in delivering leadership and strategy on recruitment and employment compliance. A thought leader in their own field of interest, the Recruitment & HR Compliance Manager will also need to build an understanding of all areas within the agency in order to be a good advisor to staff, deliver proper professional recruitment and compliance advice and be an adequate holistic employment strategist and problem solver. In this leadership level position, he/she will be the go-to thought leader and visionary of recruitment and HR compliance. The Recruitment & HR Compliance Manager will work closely with the hiring, management and operations teams to meet goals for recruitment and employment compliance.
- Recruitment & Onboarding
- Job description review and post. Management of our employment candidate platform and all candidate communication and review.
- Additional outward advertising if needed for the position (i.e. LinkedIn advertising, recruiter selection, etc.). Works with the hiring manager and IT to ensure the equipment and work station is set up and ready upon their start date.
- Calls all approved candidates to position the offer, and on occasion, negotiates salary and benefits expectations for candidates during the offer phase in a way that is advantageous for both parties.
- Meets with all new employees on their first day to promote the location/walk through and collect necessary paperwork/present the organization from a cultural standpoint.
- Ensures all background checks are relevant, complete and manages reference checks at onboarding.
- Benefits Coordination and Management
- 401k management and set up - works closely with the organization’s financial advisor to ensure that employees have access to information when they need it. Plan and organize for bi-annual check-ins with our financial advisor to meet with and discuss our 401k with team members.
- Group Health Insurance
- Works closely with our Group Health Insurance broker and provider to manage and set up new and existing employees with insurance coverage and documentation along
- Manages open enrollment and onboarding documentation necessary for group health insurance coverage and compliance
- Validates proper deductions from payroll are being made, evaluate and communicate changes of current plans, handle impromptu insurance and benefits related questions with discretion and empathy
- Special Requests & Equipment Needs
- Coordinates requests for special equipment and/or protected class requests as they come in from employees
- Oversee training & review process
- Reviews annual performance reviews (as needed) to ensure clarity and professionalism is in each review feedback. Assists as needed in more challenging conversations between Manager and employee and/or between employees.
- Assists managers as council for reviewing professional development plans and provides direction and guidance as needed.
- Payroll review – ensures all employees receive payroll changes and documents as required.
- Administrative Documentation – Ensures all employee paperwork is up-to-date and filed correctly. Examples: I9’s, proof of insurance, emergency contact info, Employee Handbooks, policy agreements, performance reviews, employee course corrections, etc.
- Responsible for managing all new policy releases. Responsible for drafting these policies from the company’s internal brand and ensures that proper training and/or communication over these policies is managed and communicated as needed and all documentation is filed correctly.
- Employee Offboarding
- Works with the manager to properly document all necessary materials and information when an employee either leaves the organization upon their own freewill or not.
- Acts as a backup communicator for involuntary dismissals and ensures the organization is following all compliance requirements and the employee returns all equipment and company articles.
- Works with managers to do an annual evaluation and create a staffing plan for the year that provides transparency of expected hires, promotions and raises for the upcoming year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business administration or management, finance or similarly related field, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- 3+ years of leadership or HR experience in a marketing agency setting.
- Proven experience in managing conflict resolution and executing crucial conversations.
- Extensive experience with recruitment and employment compliance.
- Strong working knowledge of marketing agency dynamics and services.
- Well-rounded communication skills, both internal and partner-facing.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of internal and external teams and business groups.
- Proven record of negotiating and overseeing budgets including staffing, payroll and employee benefits, and technology platforms.
- Demonstrated leadership skills: With the ability to manage, mentor and inspire direct reports and create a supportive work environment leading to professional growth.
- Advanced user experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and their Google equivalent.
- Ability to travel between Noble Studios offices.
- Ability to pass company background checks.
Experience and Skills Desired (but not required)
- HR Certifications with nationally known organizations like Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) or similar.
What’s in It for You
- The opportunity to work on some of the most innovative Fortune 500 clients in the world.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Smart, fun, innovative co-workers to learn from.
- The chance to work for a purpose-driven, industry-leading agency: Noble is one of Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 500 | 5000 Fastest Growing Companies with a room full of awards for our work, business acumen and culture.
Noble Studios embraces diversity and is committed to equal opportunity. Job applicants at Noble Studios are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.