Noble Studios is a creative digital performance marketing agency seeking a technical leader that is excited to participate in an integrated team environment where creativity and performance intersect. The Technical Director is responsible for providing leadership, experience and facilitating the growth of all members of the Technical Services team. Because this is a leadership position, they also provide mentorship and coaching for team members outside of their department. Directing the company’s overall technical strategy with regards to our current client base, service offerings and structure, the Technical Director ensures the company’s best interests for responsible growth and expansion are top of mind. The Technical Director is the company advocate and expert on the latest technologies in the industry and works with other directors to keep the company up-to-date through company-wide implementation and adoption as needed. Cross-department teamwork will happen on a regular basis and it is the duty of the Technical Director in establishing standards and procedures that help maintain a healthy interaction between the Technical Services department and other departments. Important capabilities include technical scoping, the ability to start from the end-user and work your way backwards toward the technology, and great client presentation. Experience must include specializing in the development of user-centric interactive websites and progressive web apps utilizing full stack web technologies
Primary Job Responsibilities
The Noble Studios Technical Director will be responsible for the Technical Services team morale, effectiveness, profitability, and professional growth. As needed, the Noble Studios Technical Director will assist with technical direction and architecture on projects and client work.
- Accurately scope projects and ensure team members are set up for success to keep hours within estimated time frame.
- Define the technological strategy in conjunction with the development team of each project: pipeline, tools, and key development procedures
- Assesses technical risk and mitigation plans for both internal and external projects
- Evaluates development team, identifying strengths, weaknesses and develops plans for improving performance
- Evaluates and interviews candidates for technical positions
- Scouts for and evaluates new technology and tools as opportunities for innovation and development excellence
- Provides input to other disciplines on the practicality of the initial design goals and impact to the overall project timeline
- Helps identify high risk areas for the Project Manager and Client Success Manager
- Identifies weak systems that need code improvement and schedules corrective action, when possible
- Creates automated test process for project features, where possible, and contributes to the build system
- Manage priorities under high pressure situations
- Implement development initiatives and code libraries that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy and best interests.
- Work directly with Project Managers, Client Success Managers, Clients and Executives on resource allocation and strategy prior and after the start of a project.
- Work independently and/or utilize a team on complex development projects and work with project manager as needed.
- Provide strategy and implementation guidance as needed
- Provide ongoing updates to team on industry trends, issues, site features and best practices
- Support client presentations and business development efforts with strategic thinking, research and analysis
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prepare well-structured, clear concise client-ready deliverables
- Prior training and clear understanding of management principles and strategies
- Ability to stay organized and stay aware of team progress and reporting
- Experience with information architecture
- Strong business acumen
- Experience in management and leading a team
- Mastery of HTML and CSS
- Experience with WordPress, Drupal, Magento, Laravel, CakePHP and extending frameworks
- In depth familiarity with all products and services Noble Studios offers.
- Building tools and/or API’s that help improve the performance and effectiveness of an organization and/or their service lines
- Proven track record of success in development.
- Proven track record in managing development teams.
- Proven track record of success in scoping out projects.
- Experience with Content Management Systems, E-commerce Systems, Enterprise Resource Planning Systems and Customer Relationship Management Systems.
- Experience with payment processing, encryption, API integration and External Services.
- Experience with Design Patterns and Software Architecture Patterns.
- Knowledge of Q/A methodologies.
Noble Studios holds the following concepts and qualities as invaluable to the team: intellectual curiosity, ability to be both strategic and tactical, a passion for solving problems, pride and ownership of your craft, flexibility and aptitude for change, strong analytical skills and innovative thinking, the ability to be objective and the ability to communicate and work well with others, accountability, product and project ownership, proactiveness.
Noble Studios embraces diversity and is committed to equal opportunity. Job applicants at Noble Studios are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.