VP of Performance Marketing
Vice President of Performance Marketing
The Vice President of Performance Marketing is responsible for building, accelerating and scaling the organization’s performance marketing services in order to achieve Noble Studios’ financial goals and ensure that service offerings are highly relevant and impactful to clients.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the VP of Performance Marketing oversees the team responsible for planning, launching and managing performance marketing solutions for clients. These include owned and earned digital marketing services, paid digital marketing services, web analytics services, and CRO services. The successful candidate will have strong digital marketing expertise and leadership experience. He or She will set the tone and provide both strategic and operational leadership for the team.
The VP of Performance Marketing will work closely with other members of the management team from a variety of disciplines including strategic planning, creative services, technical services, project management, client success management, and operations in order to integrate performance marketing services with other product and service offerings to ensure operational efficiency.
He or she will also be responsible for overseeing Noble Studios internal performance marketing initiatives, with the accountability of achieving agreed upon website performance and lead acquisition goals. In addition, he or she will serve as a key contributor in business development and pitches, acting as a subject matter expert within areas of oversight.
- Define the vision for performance marketing services and translate that vision into a working product road-map that identifies what services are offered, how and when new services will be brought on, service pricing, supporting technology platforms and new service pilot opportunities.
- Create and document effective processes and methodologies for the consistent delivery of performance marketing services and continually monitor and improve upon them in order to deliver greater profitability to Noble Studios and value to clients.
- Oversee the selection and adoption of marketing technologies for use with clients and Noble Studios internal marketing initiatives.
- Ensure collaborative workflow and integration with client success management, strategic planning, project management, creative services, technical services, business development, and operations to optimize the delivery of performance marketing services.
- Identify new talent and manage pipeline of potential team members and service partners.
- Create annual goals and development plan for team members, and provide ongoing training and coaching to maximize team member contribution and satisfaction.
- Ensure that the Performance Marketing team is deploying best-in-class strategy and execution of campaigns, continuously testing to improve ROI and achieving desired results.
- Oversee Noble Studios internal performance marketing services with the goal of generating high quality leads from digital channels.
- Develop annual digital marketing plan in partnership with CMO and executive team.
- Act as a strategic consultant and partner in the on-boarding and management of high profile accounts.
- Earn and maintain agency certifications with key technology platforms and services (e.g. Google, Facebook, Optimizely, and BrightEdge).
- Review and approve annual and quarterly marketing plans for high profile clients.
- Assist in client renewal planning and identify opportunities for incremental sales.
- Serve as a key member of the pitch team by developing and presenting performance marketing solutions during pitches.
- Act as a subject matter expert on performance marketing services both internally and externally through the development of thought leadership assets, representing Noble Studios at speaking engagements, and the internal evangelism of services.
Experience and Skills Required
- 10+ years of leadership experience in digital marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business administration, statistics or related field, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Superior communication skills, both internal and client-facing
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business groups
- Ability to identify opportunities for business development and incremental opportunities with clients
- Proven record of negotiating and managing marketing budgets including media, staffing, technology platforms, and service partners.
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills: Ability to manage, mentor and inspire direct reports and create a supportive work environment leading to professional growth.
- Comprehensive technical understanding of SEO, SEM, social media, display advertising, mobile marketing platforms, email marketing and conversion optimization.
- Advanced user experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics and other web analytics tools
Experience and Skills Desired (but not required)
- Master’s Degree in marketing, business administration, statistics or related field
- Previous responsibility managing budgets, performance and ROI for performance marketing channels including SEO, SEM, social media, display advertising, mobile marketing platforms, email marketing and conversion optimization.
- Experience directly managing large teams
Noble Studios embraces diversity and is committed to equal opportunity. Job applicants at Noble Studios are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.