Noble Studios is known for its high quality, speed, and innovation. Our solutions must also be fast and clean. Our Technical Services team develops and maintains projects and services retainers of all sizes.
As a Web Developer (developer) at Noble Studios, the impact of your work can be huge. We work with major brands and collaborate daily as a hybrid of both marketing and engineering to create compelling, efficient and accessible web experiences. You will work independently on many projects, but also work with a cross-functional Pod and with a team of developers to deliver solutions to clients. You will use your experience to drive everything from small to large tasks and projects (e.g. high-profile product launches, multi-page dynamic forms, high-impact multi-language marketing campaigns) while exercising considerable independent judgment and discretion.
As a Web Developer, you will be responsible for the creation of high quality, world-class web content for desktop and mobile devices. You will engineer client side components that will present information in new, innovative and creative ways. You will also integrate into various systems such as E-commerce, Content Management Systems, Customer Relationship Management Systems and Enterprise Resource Planning Systems. Your work will require a focus on compatibility, accessibility, performance and internationalization.
Your components should be modular, reusable and well documented to the benefit of the greater team. You will experiment with emerging technologies and discuss their merits with fellow team members.
- Developing within Content Management Systems (CMS), such as Drupal 7, 8 and WordPress
- Working as part of a Pod team of people focused on a select group of a accounts and business opportunities
- Solving complex problems in simple ways
- Resolving bugs and addressing client issues when they arise, in a fast-paced environment
- Prioritizing your work, and juggling current projects with incoming tasks
- Responding to your team members and clients courteously and clearly
- Solving client challenges with understanding and empathy
- Performing cross-browser testing and remediation for front-end and server-side performance with a focus on visual quality control and holistic performance
- Deploying changes to live servers, with and without the assistance of continuous integration and version control
- Assisting in the remediation, enhancement, and maintenance of client sites
- Being a consultant to your Pod team and clients by leading discussions to identify front-end technologies or techniques that would enhance user experience or project maintainability
- Collaborating with visual and user experience designers on wireframes, interactive prototypes, and production-ready web experiences
- Evaluating design deliverables for build feasibility and providing constructive feedback to internal, client-side, and third-party designers, user experience designers, and project managers
- Transforming visual comprehensive designs into rich web interactions that are fluidly responsive, performant, semantic, and accessible
- Partnering with UX designers, web engineers, analysts and managers to move a project through development and launch
Required Skills and Experience
- At least two years of experience with front-end engineering, web development, web engineering, or a similar field
- Demonstrated WordPress and/or Drupal experience is a huge plus, but any system oriented around content management will do
- Code portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, upload a .zip, or both.
- Experience using Git or SVN
- Ability to setup a local environment for testing PHP code (Vagrant/Docker usage is a plus!)
- Proficiency in verbal and written English
- Ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS (Sass) including cross-browser compatibility and accessibility implications
- Proven ability to transform a static design into a website from the ground up
- Being collaborative, self-motivated, and an "always-learning" person, excited to create great web experiences
- Ability to work onsite in our Reno headquarters office during core business hours
- Ability to pass a company background check
- Ability to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. on start date. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Desired/Additional Skills and Experience
- A demonstrated history of success within the discipline of web development and/or a degree in Computer Science, Philosophy or Mathematics
- Experience working for complex or enterprise-level client organizations
- Evidence of contribution to the broader web development community
- Experience with coding PHP, specifically for WordPress and/or Drupal as a platform, especially examples of things involving extra levels of customization
- Experience with living style guides, atomic design, or component-based design
- Experience with Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite
Noble Studios embraces diversity and is committed to equal opportunity. Job applicants at Noble Studios are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.