Noble Studios, a leading creative digital performance marketing agency, is seeking an experienced technical leader for our web development team that is excited to lead in an integrated team environment where creativity and performance intersect. This position can be located in our Reno, Nevada, headquarters or our Las Vegas satellite office, or in a remote capacity within the United States for the right candidate.
Our Technical Director is responsible for providing leadership of Noble’s Technical Services department, ensuring the success of the development of advanced websites and web applications. This individual will facilitate the growth of all members of the Technical Services team, including Associate Technical Directors and Senior Developers.
You will be our advocate and expert on the latest technologies in the industry and works with our Associate Technical Directors to keep the company up-to-date through organization-wide implementation and adoption as needed. This Technical Director will work closely with executives and other service-line directors to ensure Noble Studios consistently delivers best-in-class products. This leadership position is responsible for directing overall technical strategy and successful outcomes, ensuring best practices and high attention to detail from strategy to completion.
This is a “hands-on” leadership position. You will be responsible for accurate technical scoping and auditing of advanced development projects, can dive in both client and server-side environments to help solve team members' advanced development challenges as needed, and ensure end-to-end quality deliverables with oversight and mentorship. This leader has great communication skills for both technical and non-technical internal stakeholders and enterprise-level clients alike.
- Responsible for the effectiveness and profitability of the Technical Services department, as well as professional growth of team members
- Fosters an empowering environment that ensures a consistent delivery of best in class output of websites and web applications
- Lead teams of developers in the architecture and build of complex websites and web experiences on both client and server-side environments, ensuring best practices with high-attention to detail from strategy to build, to QC, and launch
- In addition to leading the Technical Services team, provide mentorship for extra departmental team members
- Provide regular support for the sales team and project teams to estimate and scope large and complex development projects
- Cross-department teamwork will happen on a regular basis, and it is the duty of the Technical Director to influence standards and procedures that help maintain a healthy interaction between the Technical Services department and other departments
- Define the technological strategy in conjunction with the development team of each project: pipeline, tools, risk areas, and key development procedures
- Assess technical risk and mitigation plans for both internal and external projects
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the engineering discipline via thought leadership and mentorship
- Ensure Noble Studios’ tech-stack, engineering best practices and standards remain relevant and cutting-edge for best-in-class products
- Work closely with Associate Technical Directors to evaluate the team performance: identifying strengths and opportunities and developing plans for improving performance
- Work closely with the hiring team to evaluate and interview candidates for technical positions
- Manage implementation of department initiatives and code libraries that align with the company’s overall strategy and best interests
- Work directly with internal Directors, Managers, and Executives on team capacity and strategy
- Code-based and interactive portfolio is required for consideration. Please provide your GitHub account andor portfolio website link.
- At least five years of digital agency hands-on experience developing modern web experiences for large, complex websites and web applications.
- At least five years of leadership experience leading technical teams in a formal capacity at a leading digital agency.
- Experience providing code reviews, coaching, and mentorship to experienced developers on a regular basis.
- Expert ability in owning the technical strategy of complex websites and web applications and overseeing the end-to-end execution, working hands-on as needed.
- Expert experience with information and website architecture.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile project flow methodologies.
- Deep experience with design patterns and software architecture patterns.
- Deep understanding of WCAG accessibility compliance, privacy laws, and modern SEO best practices.
- Ability to implement performance and accessibility standards as well as audit complex websites and web applications.
- Manages priorities under high pressure situations.
- Proven success building existing technology partner relationships to grow further opportunities.
- Experience with content management systems, e-commerce systems, enterprise resource planning systems and customer relationship management systems.
- Excellent communication skills and strong business acumen, demonstrating proficiency in verbal and written English; ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
- In depth familiarity with all products and services Noble Studios offers, from technical services strategy to performance marketing and creative services, is preferred.
- DevOps experience is desirable.
- Experience with payment processing, encryption, API integration and external services is helpful.
- Remote working experience in a leadership capacity is ideal.
What’s in It for You
- The chance to work on some of the most innovative Fortune 500 clients in the world at an award-winning, industry-leading creative digital performance agency.
- Dream big while staying local. Nevada clients, especially those in the travel and tourism industry, get the same creative expertise and innovation (because we love our home turf).
- A world-class benefits package, plus a workplace emphasis on ongoing learning and growth: regular guest speakers and seminars, in-depth roundtable discussions, and of course, the opportunity to learn from some of the smartest and coolest coworkers around.
- A see-it-to-believe-it time-off policy: two paid weeks off every year (one week in July and another near the winter holidays) plus 10 days of personal PTO (this increases after two, five and ten years of employment) and 10 all paid company-observed holidays.
- We are headquartered in Reno, NV, with a new satellite office in Las Vegas, but we offer the ability to work remotely or from home, for the right candidates.
- A company culture that strives to be better every day by staying curious and driven to make meaningful connections.
If You’re Chosen
- You must pass Noble’s background and reference checks.
- You must provide documentation of your legal right to work in the U.S. No sponsorship is available for this position.
- You must be able to work full-time, primarily during Noble’s core business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
About Noble Studios
Noble Studios is a Nevada-grown creative digital performance marketing agency with offices in Reno, Las Vegas and Bristol, U.K., specializing in brand strategy, digital marketing strategies, web development, SEO, paid digital media, creative and content development and social media. Since 2003, the company has completed work for international brands such as Autodesk, Niantic Group, Google, Yosemite Mariposa County, Newport Beach & Co., Santa Monica Travel and Tourism, Tahiti Tourisme, and more. For five consecutive years, Inc. magazine recognized Noble Studios in its annual Inc. 500|5000 list of the nation's fastest-growing private companies. Noble Studios is an approved Google Marketing Platform Partner and Google Premier Partner.