Michigander-turned-West-Coast-wanderer Jeff Deikis brings a dynamic background in brand strategy and creative solutions (plus an encyclopedic knowledge of certain spirits) to his role here at Noble. But whether he’s waxing poetic about integrated marketing or mezcal, you can always count on him to share insights that drive meaningful growth.
At the heart of his work, Jeff’s job is to help brands tell their stories. Sometimes that means wearing multiple hats, melding research with artistry, and putting both his left and right brain to work. It always means understanding what makes people tick when it comes to consumers’ perceptions: industry influences, cultural appetites, and digital behaviors, to name a few. The results? Strategies that stand out and leave lasting impressions.
Born in Chelsea, Michigan, he studied Art & Design and American Culture at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. (Go Blue!) This research-based, transdisciplinary creative education helped him better understand brands: how they operate from the consumer perspective, why they succeed (or fail) in the market, and how they make emotional impacts.
Over the course of his career, Jeff has led multiple teams–creative design, marketing, brand strategy, identity development, sales, market research, and advertising strategy–across multiple industries. Some of the most well-known brands he’s worked with include The North Face, Patagonia, Adidas, Mountain Hardwear, Eddie Bauer, Rab, Jones Snowboards, the American Alpine Club, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, Outdoor Research and Mammoth Brewing Group.
Jeff lives in Bishop, California, where he enjoys trail running, rock climbing, splitboarding, and backpacking through peaks and valleys of the Sierra Nevada with his partner, Amy, and dog, Obi. Along with being a reader, writer, and award-winning photographer, Jeff is a student of the kaizen school of self-improvement: a Japanese philosophy that emphasizes ongoing, incremental progress. It’s no surprise that he fits perfectly at Noble with our purpose to Be Better Every Day.
- Digital Marketing Institute Certified Digital Marketing Professional (CDMP)
- American Marketing Association Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing
- PX3 Prix de la Photographie Best New Talent Award Press/General News Category
- International Photography Awards First Place Editorial/General News Category
- PDN Outdoor Photography Awards First Place Action/Adventure Category
- Smithsonian National Photography Competition Finalist American Experience Category
- International Photography Awards Second Place Editorial Category
- International Photography Awards Second Place Extreme Sports Category